Cheap, tasty and satisfying - you may think it so at the time, but the reality is not so. For one, it's not THAT cheap in comparison and secondly, it's not healthy for you at all. Let's take McDonalds as the classic example (although there are numerous others). A meal has gotten into the region of £5; that's for one meal that might not leave you that fulfilled.
Take this into context, and your money into the nearest supermarket - how much food does that £5 get you? The components for several healthy meals, which are far more better for you than junk. The 'cheapness' of the junk doesn't seem as appealing anymore. Sometimes the pure moment of it all gets you - you're hungry - it's there and available, but this is part of the marketing allure and really, it's under your control to avoid such a situation happening.
I'm no saint, and I'm not asking anyone to live like a monk, but cutting your spend on junk food will be evident on the wallet. I've spent an average of £10 (or 2 junk meals) per week, so i'll be looking to trim that budget into £5.
Difficulty: 1/10. Not difficult. If you feel the craving, I suggest having some 'safe' foods at home which relieve hunger pangs.
Saving per week: £5, perhaps more if you're a heavy user.
Saving per year: £250. At least.
No comments:
Post a Comment